For more information concerning your PhD trajectory, visit one of the Internet sites below.
Associations for PhD candidates and post-docs
- National PhD Network of the Netherlands
- Eurodoc, the council for postgraduate students and junior researchers in Europe
- Labor unions for PhD Candidates: www.abvakabo.nl, www.cnv.nl/, www.cmhf.nl/, and www.vawo.nl/lpp
Dutch organisations for the sciences
- VSNU – Association of universities in the Netherlands
- KNAW – Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
- NWO – Dutch Organization for Scientific Research
- Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science
Scholarships and career guidance
- Euraxess Netherlands – provides international researchers with information about living and working in the Netherlands on topics such as; rules and regulations, immigration procedures, social security, taxation, health insurance and more. They also have an extensive jobs database (in cooperation with Academic Transfer) and a helpdesk service (via email or phone).
- Fulbright Center – The Netherlands America Commission for Educational Exchange
- YER – Young Executive Recruitment
- Science Next Wave – Career Directions for Europe’s Scientists
- NatureJobs – Science career information, tools, and jobs
- PhDjobs.com – Provider of postgraduate to companies at the forefront of innovation
- Shinton Consulting‘s website offers answers to some common questions.
- Dr. W.H. Posthumus – Van der Goot Female PhD Stipend
Other interesting sites for PhDs
- Online Database of Propositions
- Overview of links to sites about doctoral dissertations
- The weblog of several PhDs from the University of Würzburg , who have also started the first integrated research platform worldwide at http://scholarz.net/. The platform can be accessed easily and from everywhere at the domain www.scholarz.net. Via login the researcher can access a virtual working desk, providing a sophisticated data management system for all the information he/she wants to store. In addition, there are other interactive options such as creating a profile or teaming up with other scientists in the community.
- Graduate Junction, a website from U.K. designed to help young researchers make contact with others with similar research interests, regardless of their department and country.
- Nationale DenkTank is waiting those, who are willing to work on innovative and creative solutions to the societal problems.
- Yearly course schedule for NWO Talent Days can be followed at http://www.nwo.nl/talentclasses